Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » Cosplay & Creativity

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:01 pm 
Progress to next rank:
10%
It's A Trap!

I think most anime fans have considered cosplay at some point or another, but between the difficulties of finding a good costume of a character you like, in a size that fits, for a price you can afford....well, it's difficult (unless you just want to splurge and buy stuff off the internet). For those of us not willing to either pay that much money and show off our creativity skills, it can often be hard to put together the stuff we like. Thus, this thread is here to serve as a request thread of sorts. If we each state what sort of stuff we're looking for, we should all have better chances of locating exotic items for our costumes. On top of that, I volunteer at an Op Shop on High Street that gets in a lot of stock at high rotation. Exotic stuff tends to sell quickly, but I usually tend to get first shot at a lot of stuff there. Just off the top of my head, some of the stuff I've seen there includes parachute pants, a PVC catsuit, 'harem dancer' pants, clothing of kinds of colours, and even a fuzzy purple blanket that I'm convinced was the remains of Barney the Purple Dinosaur (though that could be wishful thinking). Much of the stuff there sells for about 1/10th the usual retail price, so it's not much financial risk for me to purchase something that I think someone might be interested in, but it really helps to know what people are looking for.

So anyway, post what sort of cosplay you're interested in or any specific pieces you're looking for, as well as maybe any 'half-finished' cosplay outfits you might like to complete. If you'd like to place a specfic request for an item for me to look out for, feel free to mention approximate size (keep in mind that as it is an Op-shop, I will probably be looking for what is 'close to the right size' rather than 'perfect fit', but if you want to give data more precise than 'Size M shirt' or whatever, feel free).

Cosplay costumes I'm looking for/interested in pulling off:
-Dread Pirate Roberts
-A bright yellow Belt (bonus points if it is explicitly a batman belt).

Stuff I've collected over time:
-The Master Sword
-4 Wigs: (Black, Blue, Blue/White, and a Red & Black 'Devil' one). Also, I totally just sounded like I was describing MtG decks.
-Plenty of Gothic stuff, including that big unisex Coat that I've worn for Halloween Marathons. I haven't found any characters that'd work for me using this stuff, but others might find it easier to do so.
-A Massive Red Coat, perfect for an Alucard cosplayer. Or Carmen Sandiego. The only real difference between them is the sunglasses.

Last edited by frozenchicken on Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 pm 
Progress to next rank:
60.5%
Shounen Warrior

Man dread pirate Roberts is easy. wheelbarrow + holocaust cloak + fire =

Last edited by Captain on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:33 pm 
Progress to next rank:
10%
It's A Trap!

That's how you bring back a Dead Pirate Roberts. Besides, do you know how hard it is to get a Holocaust Cloak?

Board index » General Discussion » Cosplay & Creativity